Thursday 22 November 2012

Langkawi Chronicles: BuraqOil

Petrol stations are few and far in between in Langkawi. Trying to find my favourite brand Shell, is nigh on inconvenient. There is only 1 outlet in the whole of Langkawi, and to add insult, it is in Kuah, easily 3 kilometers away from where I live. Some Petronas outlets here and there in the primary townships, but am not a fan of their petrol anyways.

Driving around the other day, I found this sad looking outlet in Temoyong (yes, really, Temoyong. I have no idea what that means!), and another, at the end of jalan Chandek Kura (don't ask).



It used to have a small convenience store and a cashiering system. Now, all that's left is only a tragic reminder of the snack store and the office, being run by a kid who I guess is probably 10 years old (but entrepreneurial!). Le sad!

:)

2 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Uncle Razee,
Jangan main-main, kalau naik buraq boleh terbang sampai langit ketujuh tau! I assume that if you refuel with buraq oil, your car can fly like buraq? purrr...meow!

Razee Salleh said...

Hahahaha. Not this particular Buraq (which really seems merely buruq!).

:)