Friday 6 September 2013

Langkawi Chronicles: Bone Tired

Gaaaahhhhh!

Just in the start of the second group booking at the resort I am with and I can feel my bones creaking and my muscles turning to jelly.

Used to be able to withstand long and punishing workloads better. Back then 36 hour days I can shrug off like a pesky fly. Nowadays, barely 3 days straight of 14 hour days I can feel the ache in my bones.

Perhaps I am not eating well enough, or exercising, but I do supplement my diet with energy boosting vitamins and drinks loads of water to keep me hydrated.

God, just Thirty-plus years old and I can feel that the world is catching up with me.

Interestingly, I don't really feel off when I am busy doing the work, or when I am 'werking it' with my guests, who I adore (yes, even the difficult ones! heck, they are yet another customer to satisfy), or when I am in knee deep in some group based duty.

The creaks and numbing aches only come at home after I have unwound and cleaned up before I go to bed. I guess I am still loving what I do and really concentrate on doing the job right.

I have a new ritual now, aside from what I have learned to do since I was a kid. I now visualize a happy next day, with my team and I surmounting challenges. Helps me focus and slowly unwind.

Being young at heart is a good defense. Of course loads of YouTube cat videos also do no harm!


New mantra!


No comments: