Thursday 22 August 2013

Sod It!

So here I am, working in Langkawi, enjoying my new life and learning new things.

Then I get a message from a friend (and former MAS mate) that new things are happening in MAS and they are interested in setting up a new F&B Product Development Department in MAS. They have already appointed a new VP and things are moving along fairly quickly.

My friend then asks whether I would be returning to MAS after I complete my 1 year Leave-Without-Pay this coming 30th October 2013. I am flattered really, that a few close friends and colleagues had suggested and supported my return.

About 2 months back, a different former colleague and ex-Uni mate contacted me and offered me a position in his department.

A month ago, the new boss of my old department, also suggested my return.

Now, despite what people would say, flattery does win influence over people (and I admit I use it like a useful weapon sometimes), but I can't shake off the feeling that I will be yet another tool. A mere cog in the scheme of things, where people who have no real inkling of what it takes to conduct Food & Beverage Service well, lord over the people who actually win and keep customers.

Strange really because I miss my KL life and MAS Colleagues terribly, some of whom are very nice people. The date is looming closer by the minute, yet I really can't honestly say whether I will come back to MAS. Oh, the irony of it, the return of the prodigal albeit rant-y, son!

Right this very second though, I do feel like fucking screaming to those who let it come to this. After all the insult and ignominy you put me through, you finally realise I was actually adding value to the team and company? That I added a special esprit de corp to the team? After years of downplaying, to the point of running me to the ground financially, you expect me to happily skip back to square one? And you finally think I had made several excellent developments, and had vision?

Sod it! Thank you very much.

Come back with a good offer and then we'll talk. Sure, it ain't all about the money honey, but it pays the bills.

No comments: