Wednesday 31 October 2012

Langkawi Sojourn

It has finally happened. I find myself in Langkawi.

Started the journey at an ungodly 3a.m on 31 October and after about 5 hours of measured driving, I reached Kuala Kedah jetty. 


Booked my car to be overnight-ed to the island and then got myself a water shuttle for Kuah.


A noisy ferry ride later I was back in Langkawi after years of not setting foot here.


Locals have said that everyone who imbibes the water from Gunung Raya will return to the island time and again. Curious urban legend considering most of Langkawi's water supply actually comes from the same mountain!


I have fond memories of this place, first as a 'petit stagierre' years ago on an industrial culinary attachment, then again as a tourist. Years later I came back for some F&B related development for the MH Airline Lounge. 


Now I am here again. 


:)

3 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Uncle Razee,
May we come visit you? Then we go visit my sedara mara at the Bon Ton/Temple Sanctuary. Congratulations on the new job! purrr...meow!

Razee Salleh said...

Hehe,

Would be fun to be able to meet up if we can. I am still house hunting here (which may become and abode for 1 or 2 housekitties!), but yeah, why not.

Mohd Nadzrin Wahab said...

I can look forward to this blog now becoming a Langkawi Food & Cat Directory very soon :)