Friday 29 January 2010

Eggy Brekky


So, as soon as I dumped my car off to the Proton guys, I traipsed over to Tesco Mutiara and went to Jombali. Ordered my usual of Jombali B'fast Set. A basic combo of 2 Half-Boiled Eggs, Buttered Brown Toast and Coffee (of course Razee being Razee, changed it to an iced version instead of the hot, what to do, tak reti minum air panas lah!).

This time I ordered my eggs to be 3/4 cooked, which would result in the yolks firming up and whites all opaque. Haven't had eggs this style in a long while and so it was a great start for the day.

Slide-down-your-gullet-good!

Amazing what happens to eggs when one applies heat treatment to it. Raw, eggs are so smooth and slurpy, it would just slide down the gullet, but with a little heat and patience, it blossoms. The silken yolks acquire this amazing texture, more akin to raw silk, hints of graininess. It is the same sensation I get when I savour the yolks of salted duck eggs. It was difficult to resist pouring it all down my maw a fast as one does, instead of slowly relishing the mouth feel.

Now this would be absolutely perfect it was 3 eggs instead of just 2. Mmmmm joy!

2 comments:

Mohd Nadzrin Wahab said...

Salam Gee,

You blog makes me want to cry, makes me laugh, makes me think, and then makes me hungry. What are you trying to do???

Salam persilatan,

Razee Salleh said...

Hi Nadz,

Nothing much, just wanting to capture bits of me life.