Sunday 7 December 2014

Langkawi Chronicles: A Few Of My Favourite Things - Mee Sup Utara


I was introduced to this by my colleague during one of our resort supply runs. As is usual for me, eating rice a-la Nasi Campur is not my Lunch thing so when she suggested some soupy noodles I was quick to say yes.

This lovely bowl of super Mangkuk Special Besar Mee Sup is obtainable from No7 Sup Utara in Jalan Penarak, Langkawi.

Their version offers a very clean tasting clear soup with a mildly fragrant aroma of star anise and cloves with a light yet long finishing beefy taste.

One has the option of having yellow mee, turmeric stained bee-hoon or silky koay teow topped with choice of beef slices, shredded chicken, tripe, tendons, and all those other glorious offals (or a combination of all like the way I take mine), sliced fried tofu, shredded pickled white radish and sliced spring onions before being sloshed with the beefy soup.

This place opens for Lunch only, also offers Nasi Campur and beverages (try their ABC).

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: