Thursday 3 October 2013

Videographing A Talent!

Another first today. I was nominated by my boss to be one of the faces of the company for the group wide re-branding.

Let me tell you it was a surreal situation. All them host of cameras, vid-cams, wires, microphones and director and filming crew, did not make it easier at all.

I had already memorised the text, and I wrongly thought I breeze through it. Uhhuhh!

Man was I so wrong!

Sure, we made some text adjustments on the fly (in fact, I suggested some of the changes) but my pretend preparedness was quickly blown sky high by what was actually required.

They must have thought all I could muster were varying degrees of solemn!
Everything needed to be amplified - bigger smiles, sitting straight, talking clearly and sufficiently loud, composure and head angles, all in the desire to simulate a ‘spontaneous‘ & ‘natural' feel to the end result.

I don't think I ever worked my 14 smile muscles as much as I did today.

The director was thankfully very forgiving, and so were the video team, coaching me along the way, so it wasn't all bad in the end.

Shooting was done in bite-sized pieces, allowing me to suppress my camera-shyness.

I wont be able to see the video until well after the first week of November, after the re-brand unveiling.

Hope I did a good job!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: