Friday 4 October 2013

Post Get Together Feels

Eclipse by zyOrg

The stars must have aligned or something.

I got to meet up with my friends from my ex-Department in MAS for a dinner at Pappa Rich in Citta Mall. 

It was lovely really, seeing them, although we didn't really seem to say much (well, for me I was somewhat subdued this night) but we certainly revelled in each others presence over lashings of local kopitiam food. 

One just went for a promotion interview (which I am confident she will get). Another is stuck with a dead weight of a superior and it makes me sad. At least another two chaps are doing just fine, dealing with the work with their usual gusto. One seems to be totally unencumbered by the professional & emotional disasters surrounding all of them. I was told by one, that another former colleague had an incorrigible I'll-knife-you-in-the-back attitude (this is a shocker!).

Many new things are happening with MAS, and I am happy about that, which makes the possibility of coming back somewhat more appealing. But of course, reality being what it is, I must certainly weigh all the options before I do make a decision.

I think I am happy with my new job (Am I really?), it has its own unique challenges, but oh, I really do miss the crackling energy of working on large scale project development the way I did formerly. 

And the deadline is looming closer still.

I know you guys will wish me the best.

No comments: