Thursday 4 July 2013

Rant Alert: Grace One Telecommunication, Langkawi

In late May, my Galaxy Note went wonky and decided it was not going to switch on while I was at work. Being someone who relies heavily on data and information accessed through a handheld device, I was definitely thrown off kilter.

Incoming emails I couldn't immediately respond to, my calendar and appointments pop-ups were gone, and not to mention the contact data and other such much needed information. As it were, I do have a typical dumb-phone ready for use in a cases like this, so it wasn't a total loss. 

The adventure began when I opted to send my Note to a nearby phone repair shop close to my rental home and work. 

Thus begins my suffering. 

After 8 days, I was still not getting any updates despite calling the store twice to ask for updates. The lady shop assistants (2 of them at least) were woefully uninformed. They did not know what was wrong with it, or did they know where the phone currently is at (which sent screaming bells of alert through my brain). They did however said they will contact me a couple of days later. 

2 days later on 9 May, I dropped by the shop inquiring about the phone, but alas, it was still not ready. Apparently their boss/proprietor had taken the phone to Alor Star to repair or replace the power management IC chip, and will take another week to bring it back as their boss was on leave (the fucker took it and dropped it off at his buddy's place). The chip replacement was expected to cost me RM150. I relented after the shop assistants promised to notify me.

A few days later (16 days in total), I received a text - "Anset anda da siap. RM250. Grace One Telecommunication". When I enquired why the charge has ballooned, they couldn't say why. I asked to have the replaced chip and they said, "Oh kami memang tak bagi dekat customer". I told them the chip is rightfully mine as it came out of my phone. After a lenghty silence, I paid the girl and demanded for a receipt. Even then, she was hesitant to write me up one. Gave the bitch the evil eye and she relented. Said my thank yous and I stormed out of the shop. 

On the way out I noted a Chinese chap (who I am guessing is the shop owner) finally slinking back into the shop. 

Happy that my trusty device is okay I parked my sour mood away. 

6 days later, the disaster struck. My phone just quit and refused to boot up again! Incensed, I called up the shop wanting warranty repair on it. I also called the owner and gave him a piece of my mind. He was strangely, rather calm despite my icy tone. Sent it back for repairs on 15 June.

The story is yet to have a happy ending. 5 calls and 7 SMSes later, including a particularly stiffly worded one, the owner said my phone will be ready by today. I swear to God if the bastard does not get my phone fixed, I will lodge a police report and raise hell.

Yet another day without my smartphone.

Peeps, if your phone breaks down in Langkawi DO NOT, under any circumstances, dire or otherwise, send your phone to Grace One Telecommunication in Beras Terbakar of Padang MatSirat.

I repeat, DO NOT send it there, unless of course you want the SLOWEST phone servicing action on the planet, four most useless shop assistants (lovely to look at but TOTALLY lacking in understanding of customer service) and the biggest LIAR of a proprietor.

Absolute flip-flopping-wanker-scumfeeding-slimes-of-the-earth of a shop!


WhaddafarkwasIthinking?

Update: 4 June 2013, 1850Hrs.

Dropped by at the shop at 1806hrs and was greeted by 2 of the shop assistant ladies. "Ah, mai dah", they said. I mentioned I was there to pick up my phone as promised by their boss (who slunk outwards, in the same Yellow shirt I saw him wear weeks ago). Then the bombshell.

"Kami pulangkan fon tu naa, Kami tak buleh buat. Boss kami hantaq pi Kuah pun tak buleh. Jadi kami pulangkan 250 Ringgit yang bayaq hari tu semula la naa".

@#$%&*(#$)@^%@@!)((**##$%@!


 

No comments: