Saturday 15 June 2013

Langkawi Chonicles: 6 Months and counting.

Hard to believe I have been here almost 7 months. Seemed like only yesterday I found myself searching for an abode in Langkawi.

Work has been fun, hard at times but thoroughly enjoyable just the same. I am thankful for the challenges and opportunities sent our way. Several high level training sessions had been very successfully handled by my small team here. Gaining small accolades along the way. Growing from success to success.

We were recently awarded a Rating of 4.1/5.0 for Customer Satisfaction, the highest ever score in the 7 year history of Sri Kijang. Today, we are about to conclude another group, and signals suggest another feather in our collective hats. And all because of the changing mindset and attitudes of the entire team here, myself included.

I am certainly not as caustic and angry as I once was, cooled to a low simmer rather. :)
My team are also coming around to the fact that all their hard work is appreciated by our customers.

Sure, there are miles yet to go, but we will get there. Mountains would need to be moved (or excavated through) and I hope to be able to be in the thick of it all.

There are many things I miss about KL and the life I left behind. Little things mostly - Daiso, San Francisco Coffee, the various Food and Beverages options among others, yet I find many things  Langkawi does well in its own way - Kopi Ais, for instance, is nice and thick and wonderfully rich.

See new things by seeing with new eyes.

No comments: