Tuesday 21 August 2012

Eid 2012!

This year's Raya has been a relatively low key affair for mum and me. Usually our Raya is filled with cleaning cooking and entertaining, but this year I decided that I didn't want my mum to labour in the kitchen slogging in preparation of having guest over. Furthermore, my siblings could not be with us as they were both headed to their In-Law's.

Thus, we opted to check in to a hotel instead, and hit our relatives' homes on Raya.

And it has been been a whirlwind of Raya food.

Yes! Assortment of Rendangs, Masak Merahs, Sayur Lodeh, Ketupat, Lemang
and other festive artery clogging goodies!
God, I ate so much I could just die from all the rich and fatty gloriousness!

Photographer photographing!
 
Mak Melah arrived bringing more food. Which was quickly demolished as well!
Post meal lounging (note that I am still at the Dining table!).
Then, we went to Kg. Pandan to visit my mum's elder sister. While there, I ate some more. What else right? They make awesome, very spicy Rendang and Gulai Sejadah (which is a thick variant of the Southern style asam pedas). 
2 types of Rendang (1 Chicken and 1 Beef), Chicken Gulai Sejadah, Sayur Lodeh (this was exceptionally good!).
I ate so much they had to replenish twice!

Fall-off-the-bones Chicken Gulai Sejadah. AWESOME!!
Relativities!
After all that eating we both decided that we needed to take a nice long drive so as to allow our now distended bellies get to work digesting the sacrificial offerings we had earlier.

And for dinner, mum and I both opted for simple, fast food! Hahaha!

No comments: