Wednesday 6 January 2016

Coincidence?

Brought my staff over to the LADA building in Kuah today, for a Children's School Uniform sponsorship program.

The initiative is created in an effort by the local government to help families manage the costs associated with school-going children.

Personally, I am impressed that the local authorities would even think up of such a program, on top of the existing school-books and school-food ones.

However, while in the parking lot, I noted there were many more cars than usual in the normally vacant lot. I guess, there are may takers of the program.

Then I realised, too many of these cars are in even better shape than mine, which led me to think, are they here for the free school uniforms as well? Assuming they are, the follow up question would be, Are they entitled?



I find it hard to accept that families that own VWs, Hondas, Toyotas, Mitsubishis, and the usual Malaysian brands being greatly in need of free uniforms for their kids.

I am probably silly to make these assumptions. Unfair perhaps to think that far too many are here for government sponsored freebies.

But I cannot escape the feeling that because of these freeloaders, actually needful people might get passed over.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: