Saturday 8 March 2014

Perlis Day Trip: Suri & Min's Wedding Do!

Bunga Manggar.
Got the invite to an old friend/colleague Suri's wedding last month. One of the crazy like minded lil' fuckers from my former work place. 

I am not necessarily a person who loves going to these kinds of fetes (mainly due to busy body relatives, going 'Awak bila lagi?'), but I simply couldn't say no to her invitation. 

Booked a ticket on a morning passenger ferry out of Langkawi to Kuala Perlis and the journey commenced. 
This here is a boatload of people! Rm18 per ride too, cheap!
Once back on the mainland in KP, I opted to wait out the morning at Putra Brasmana Hotel close to the Jetty. I was suitably impressed by the size and perfect location. The staff at the reception were pretty nice too. They let me crash there while I wait for my other friends. 


Le lobby shoppe!
Not too shabby huh? 
Putra Brasmana Hotel
A bit later, I took a cab to the wedding venue and was surprised by a group of the nicest people from my PSID days. Camwhoring ensued!



Malu konon!
Akak dah kahwin!
Good friends! 
At about 1.30, the Groom and his entourage arrived. A fairly sizeable group too. 


Seeing wifey in the distance!
Last minute preparation & amanat adat.
My fave picture of the day. She looks so delighted!
Then I lunched. It was SO good it was ridiculous (and so caught up I was in the enjoyment I totally forgot to snap food pics!).

As was customary of kampung style kenduri, plain white rice and lauk pauk was on offer. Gulai Kambing with Batang Pisang, Kurma Daging dan Hati Lembu, Kerabu Taugeh dan Kerang berkerisik, Sambal belacan dan ulam terung bulat, what I think was Rendang Serai (Sambal Serai) and Acar. For dessert it was homely Bubur Chacha with wheat grains, corn nibs and sweet potato. All washed down with cool, cool Sirap Ros. Oof!

Pemanis/Buah tangan for guests being prepared.
Haha! Caught in the act!
Main Table for the Bride, Groom & family.
 

Awwwww!
 

Happy chubbies!

No comments: